Eggless Orange and Ginger cake
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream/ greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil or any another light oil
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup crystallised ginger chopped
- Hand full of glazed cherries
- Zest of the 1 orange
- pinch of salt
- Whisk sugar, oil, orange juice and zest in a bowl until well incorporated. Add sour cream or yogurt.
- Sieve plain flour, salt,baking powder and baking soda together. Stir in the above batter and add diced ginger and glazed cherries.
- Spoon the batter into greased baking dish and bake them in a preheated oven of 180’C for 25 minutes to 30 minutes or until done.
- let it cool down and drizzle the sugar glaze. Be creative and decorate it with fondant star to give it a festive feel.
For the Sugar Glaze[br]Mix 1/2 cup of pure icing sugar with 1 or 2 tbsp of orange juice and some zest or orange marmalade. Use a spoon to drizzle and create and criss cross pattern.[br][br]If crystallised ginger is not available then use 1 tsp of grated ginger and some golden raisins