In less than 20 minutes, a fancy looking creamy dinner is all set to impress your family. Chicken Strogonoff with mushroom is absolutely delicious.
“It is not the destination where you end up but the memories you create along the way”
These days who would deny that life has become more worse than rat race… The constant humdrum needs a break, we all need a down time, take some time off to rejuvenate and re energise yourself. So we decided to drive up to the north during our last winter break. Gold Coast was in our mind and we have been debating about whether to travel overseas or explore more of this beautiful vast island we call home. We have been to Gold Coast earlier but then the kids were young and they seem to have only vague memories of our visit. This was a perfect time for kids to explore more and enjoy the theme parks. We drove all the way from Sydney to Gold Coast . It normally takes 9 and 1/2 hours on a direct stretch but we decided to break our journey half way through . I had booked a retreat near Macleay valley just before Coffs harbour. It is beautiful place to stay overnight and only few kms from the high way. Here are some pictures of the retreat and Gold coast.
These days I have been working on healthy dinner ideas that is equally enjoyable among all of us. This fancy looking creamy chicken strogonoff takes less than 20 minutes and ideal for e asy dinner meals and pairs well with rice, flat bread and sour dough bread too. Besides these, I have been working on healthy bakes, replacing refined flour and sugar with healthy alternatives and quick nourishing treats. Few of my attempts are, my previous blog posts such as cacao brownie or beetroot tart with LSA instead of plain flour has been so well appreciated. So make sure you are subscribed to my latest blog updates or stay connected through Instagram.
Lets cook healthy dinner with Chicken strogonoff
- 1 large brown onion sliced
- 500g mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard paste
- 1 1/2 cup salt reduced chicken stock
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- Heat oil in a skillet. Cook chicken thigh fillets until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add sliced onions and mushrooms to the pan. Cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown and liquid has evaporated. Sprinkle plain flour over the mixture. Stir it the tomato and mustard paste. Cook for a minute and add cooked chicken fillets.
- Add stock and Worcestershire sauce. Bring the mixture to boil. Stir in the sour cream and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle parsley and serve…