This spelt baked doughnuts were just perfect for my hungry boys as an after school treat. I have used spelt flour instead of regular flour so they were bit dense but certainly tasty.
Now with the beginning of last quarter and the pace as we head towards the end of year, it reminds me of my goals that I had chalked at the beginning of the year. We all go through these cycles but as we get closer to our deadlines, we somehow tend to freak out or if you are someone with bit more patient than I am, I know you can handle the mammoth pressure with grace. I am just at the other end of the spectrum. I feel restless, get pangs and sudden mental syndrome kicks in. That is terrible and every time I feel that, I make a big bold promise to myself that I would never ever do that again….
Well, I am happy in a way that things that I felt strongly connected to got much more attention than the rest. I had promised myself to practice vigorously my photographic skills, composition techniques and definitely more on my editing skills . Things are definitely changing but I have realised that these things don’t change overnight. Yeah books and courses certainly helps you to add to your knowledge belt but it does take time and great effort on your part and few mental tweaks and tattoos such as “believe in yourself”, “have confidence” “dream big” blah blah blah….
I have been trying to reinforce that continuously and feel that to some extent have I have nailed it down. Early last week I was super thrilled to have worked with a lovely client who saw my pictures and loved it and wanted me to take pictures for his new product (Disposable Cutleries) launch. Here are the glimpse of few pictures that I have shot. Before you scroll down to see those pictures, I thought of sharing a quick and easy doughnut recipe adapted from a talented and lovely blogger Deepika who shares her passion and joy of baking in her cosy little space TheloveofCakes . This baked goodies were just perfect for my hungry boys as an after school treat. I have used spelt flour instead of regular flour so they were bit dense but certainly tasty. Having dipped in the glaze just makes it more delicious and sprinkled with crushed violet crumble makes it even more richer ..
How to make baked Spelt Doughnuts
- 2 cups Spelt Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp of melted unsalted butter
- For the Glaze
- 1 cup dark chocolate melts
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 /4 cup pure cream
- Shift Flour, baking powder, baking soda and set aside. Whisk eggs, butter and sugar until well incorporated. Add in milk and sifted flour. Finally stir in sour cream. Mix well.
- Grease the doughnut pans and pour the batter, just about half in each circle. Bake them in a preheated oven of 180 “C for 15 minutes or until nice and golden.
- Remove and let it cool down.
- Prepare the glaze. Microwave the chocolate melt, butter and cream and mix them well until it is nice and smooth. Dip the doughnuts and let them rest on a rack. Decorate and sprinkle anything that fancy you. I have used some chocolate heart and crushed violet crumble.