Are you someone who would visualise beautiful flowers and more particularly Rose, as we come closer to Mother’s Day ?
Mum’s are special and always there for you, so visualising a special flower whose presence not only lightens the place and their exquisite aromas fills in the warmth too. This was the thought that came to my mind when I stumbled upon MuddyChoux photography Instafeed. Seeing her Orange blossom Madeleine I couldn’t stopping thinking about these beauties and the thought of flavouring it with rose water lingered my mind.
Interestingly I had baked a Rose and Almond syrup cake last year for Mother’s Day too.
Well, my mum is a big fan of rose too so these bakes are for my mum.
These beauties are adapted from Novicehousewife. It is easy to bake and absolutely delicious to nibble on.
- 1 cup plain purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150g butter melted
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp Rose water
- pinch of salt
- Whisk eggs, sugar and salt in a bowl until pale and thick. Stir in the Rose water.
- Shift flour and baking powder together. Add flour and melted butter alternatively to the above mixture and mix until well incorporated. Cover and keep it refrigerated for about 45 minutes or until it is thickened.
- Lightly grease the Madeleine pan using a brush. Scoop the 1 tbsp of batter into each hole and bake it in a preheated oven of 175"C for 10 to 13 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown.
Mix I cup of shifted icing sugar with 1 tbsp of boiling water. Add few drops of rose water and lightly tint it with pink colour. Drizzle or dip the madelines for extra taste.