This is that time of the year when we are in our best of festive moods and some of us take stock of how the year that passed us by went. I often pause to think & despite the holiday rush to stock up and wrap presents and put up the lights & remembering to write up the cards, I try and slow down. Every year, every moment of it brings with it a sweet present, a memory that somehow gets etched in the many recesses of our infinite brain.
2016 for me was a potpourri of emotions, with the rebirth of my blog, toying between a few career options and finally recognising my creative passion that I have often ignored or had stopped to believe in with excuses and layers of blankets piled up over what was once simply pure bliss. I was fortunate enough to score a few clients to boost my styling and photography skills. Opening of an unknown trail and seeking confidence in one self, conceiving and delivering the thought of an eBook, popular among unknown readers in the blogosphere, all that gamut of opportunities has certainly kept me well on my toes.
Well it is finally time to take a break. Although I officially took a break in the midst of the busy last quarter to be with my parents. They needed me at this time of the year. The break was joyous but at the same time nerve wreaking seeing your beloved dad going through a massive surgical procedure and with the hope to get a new life soon.
The sheer pleasure of finding them happy and making them comfortable was truly my blessings or good karma of my previous birth.
Hmm!! Let me not sound like a drag…
Few more days to go and embrace the beginning of another new year with new promises and new trail. Hopefully I have played my cards well and hope not be smitten off with untold surprises.
Just before I took a break I had baked a scrumptious pistachios cake with a lavender glaze. My Instagram followers would be able revive the thoughts.
The leftover shelled pistachios were milled and baked giving me the thumbs up for my sweet tooth
Bright colours add that vibrancy to any cakes and cupcakes and if you are like me and would like to add a special effect to your baked treats. Gold lustre powder acts like a magic and brings in the festive mood.
Don’t forget to check out my EBOOK for more ideas to decorate your cupcakes for festive season.
- 100 gm shelled raw pistachios
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Self raising Flour
- ½ cup sugar
- For the Glaze
- 1 cup lavender sugar
- 1 to 2 tbsp milk
- few drops of purple colour
- Whisk eggs,sugar and olive oil until pale and light in texture.
- Add lime zest and stir in pistachios meal and flour into the batter and mix well until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into a greased baking dish and bake in a preheated oven of 180 'C for 25 minutes to 30 minutes or until done.
- For Lavender Glaze.
- Use lavender scented sugar readily available in the supermarket or make your own by simply rubbing dried lavender flowers with pure icing sugar.Use lime juice or milk to combine with icing sugar and few drops of colour to obtained desired consistency. Gently pour on the cake after it is cooled down. Allow the sugar icing to set in and slice and serve.
100 grams of shelled Pistachios will yield around 1 cup of meal.