With the enchanted season in tow
With a merry Ho Ho Ho
Visits the man in red with his bag slung over his back
What will he bring for me this season I wonder?
Will it be that, I have written to him in my secret Santa Mail?
Or will he be able to read what my heart really desires
A simple blessing for my family and friends, peace and love for all.
And maybe a lasting smile, confidence in myself and merry cheer all year along.
It’s finally dawned just a few more winks to go.
The magic, the mystery and merry cheer that goes around
I wonder if it is something in the air or perhaps somewhere deeper in our hearts
Tis the season where love reigns supreme and everything seems right.
Just the beautiful ringing of Christmas bells and carols galore.
A smile on every face and hope in every eyes, Love in our hearts and music in our ears.
Season’s greetings to one and all. Tis the season to be full of cheer.
I dreamt of a magical enchanted world.
With fairies and elves and angels and all
I thought these places only existed in books or in movies or in dreams
So you can imagine my shock when I saw at them at my door
I invited them for some cookies and milk
And we traded stories of yonder yore
We all laughed and rolled on the floor
Wished each other the best of the season, and promised to be full of cheer.
– by Sailesh Mishra
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 1/2 cup plain shifted flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- Cream butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add honey and syrup and shifted flour with Baking soda to the above batter.
- Add ground ginger and combine it into a soft dough.Wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the dough and using a rolling pin, roll it into a thick circle. Use cutters of your choice to cut different shapes and sizes.
- Arrange the cookies on a lined baking tray and bake them for about 10 to 12 minutes at 175″C.
- Transfer them into a rack and using royal icing and wilton’s tip no-2, pipe accordingly.