You turn 12 today and this is an exciting time for a young boy to become a young man and while you stand at this beautiful cusp of time and are making this amazing transition to entering into adulthood,we feel so blessed and privileged that the gods blessed us with a tiny little bundle of joy 12 years back.
When you arrived into our lives, the joy the beauty and magic that you bought with yourself was simply overwhelming. We have never known so much of happiness since you arrived into our lives with your toothless stare and your baby fat. As you started to crawl and explore the world on all fours you were like a little tiger cub and that’s when I started calling you “My little Tiger” and your name stuck. We have so many fond memories of you growing up and the best of your moments are etched in our hearts and now when we see you sprawled across your bed with that smile that only a divine and pure soul has when one is asleep, they come flooding back and we have never shield to kiss hug you and tuck you back in to continue with your dreams of the world you create within yourself.
Growing up with you has been an extremely pleasant learning experience. Teaching you to speak and walk and eat has been a relearning exercise for us and we have gained so much in the process. Your little antics, your expressions for the world you saw around yourself, your love for toys especially balls and cars growing up will forever remain close to our hearts.
More recently we are so proud that you are growing up to be a very genuine and caring person.You have been displaying great courage and strength in times of need and you are truly a very caring and compassionate person who likes to share love with one and all without any prejudice, without any expectation in return.
Rohan you have never been proud or arrogant and that is a gift from the gods. Remember to always treasure it. Remember my dearest son our youth, our beauty, our body our external package is simply transient, here one day, gone tomorrow. Just like the wrappers on the presents on your birthday.What is permanent and is remembered however is our beliefs, our values & ethos and how you treat the others. People always forget what you told them, but they rarely ever forget how you treated them. Every one of us is a dearly loved child of god and deserves to be treated like one. Rohan we love you heaps and heaps and every day we love you even more. You have always made us feel blessed and happy and the joy you share is simply divine.
Happy 12th Birthday and Best wishes for the future…
It was a fantastic day spent, school holidays are on at the moment, so what more to ask. The only thing is that he never gets to celebrate his birthday with his mates in the class. I promised him that we are going to host a party in one of his preferred places.
He wanted to have an Oreo cake with Oreo Biscuits crushed buttercream frosting.
I have also realised that fondant cakes are at times tedious to decorate but these naked cakes are totally easy to assemble and absolutely swoon worthy.
I have used my basic vanilla cake recipe. This is a versatile recipe and I have used it many a times for cakes and cupcakes as well.
This cake is an inspiration from a book that I have fell in love with, Naked cakes by Lyndel miller.
The book is amazing and loaded with tons of simple recipes and frostings for every occasions. The pictures are very captivating and mesmerising.
The whole journey of baking and assembling was well worth the effort………
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 125grams unsalted butter/1cup oil
- 1tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Shift plain flour, baking powder and salt together. Using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar and add eggs one at time. Whisk it well till incorporated. Add vanilla extract and gradually add flour and milk alternatively until well combined.
- Line a baking pan and bake it at 170 C . This recipe is enough for two 8'inch (20 cm) round pan. I used 3 6'inch`pans so I used one batch of the above measurement for two tins and halved the above for the 3rd pan.
- Buttercream Frosting
- I have used a fail proof recipe from
- It is creamy and delicious and 100 times better than the ready made ones.
- g soften unsalted butter
- /2 cup sifted pure icing sugar
- tablespoon milk
- to 10 Oreo biscuits crushed
- Using the electric blender, beat butter until pale. Gradually icing sugar mixture and milk, beating constantly until creamy. Add the crushed biscuit and give it a stir. The butter cream is ready to go.
- Assembling the naked cakes are easy to do. Level the cakes and spread the frosting and top it with another layer. Arrange the Oreo cookies and be creative.