snacks

Spicy fish kebabs

November 10, 2008

Photobucket

Last weekend we woke up to a glorious day, perfect blue skies after a week of overcast grey. It was great to soak in the bright sun rays and taking a stroll on the marine drive. The city skyline looked absolutely fabulous. Casually strolling we headed to a cosy Japanese restaurant and the hot bowl of noodle soup was so soothing and warm. The temperature suddenly dipped down few degrees making it very cold. Although it was windy, it was still a pleasure to walk in the bright sun shine.

On entering a department store we were greeted by a young boy dressed up as Santa Claus. Rohan was thrilled and excited as he dug inside his pouch for a surprise. Simple treats like a lollipop as a surprise bring ecstasy to a child’s face. It is a pleasure to see the happiness in their innocent face their gleaming eyes & their broad smile. That is when we realized the festive season is just round the corner and seeing the mall decked up felt nice and warm. I do hope the festive season brings cheers for everyone around the world and also improves the financial markets and props up the economy.

Last week we had a dinner party at our place and one of the starters was the spicy fish kebabs that I often make. I love the fish balls spiced and fried with mint and coriander.It goes well as a starter and are quite easy to make too.

Here is the recipe

1 can tuna (in natural water) drained.
¼ cup boiled mashed potatoes
3 tablespoon chopped coriander
2 tablespoon chopped mint
1 tablespoon ginger grated
1 tablespoon garlic grated
3 tablespoon chopped onions
1teaspoon chili powder
2 green chilies diced
1teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 tableaspoon garam masala.
Bread crumbs
1 egg
Lemon juice
Salt to taste
Oil for shallow frying.

Method
In a bowl, mix the all the above ingredients except egg, lemon juice, breadcrumbs, and oil. Mix well & adjust the salt according to your taste. Squeeze a few drops of lemon juice and add the egg. If the mixture is slightly on the liquid side, add few tablespoons of breadcrumbs. Roll the mix into walnut side ball and coated them with bread crumbs.

Heat oil in a pan and deep fry these balls on low fire. Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot with sauce or coriander chutney.

Photobucket

Kitchen notes – Rolls the balls and freeze them. Fry them on a low fire with out thawing. Alternatively you can use fresh white fish fillet. Slightly boil them and roll them as above.

These are a nice treat when the window glass frosts up on the outside and you are inside with a warm fire at the fireplace sipping some chardonnay. Enjoy…

I am sending this Kebab recipe to Ivy of kopiaste celebrating World food day-Time to be thankfull. I liked the theme of this event and many thanks to Ivy for hosting such a nice and thoughtfull event.
Photobucket

marinated chicken on charcoal grill
Piyaji - lentil pokaras

You Might Also Like

No Comments

• Reply Cilantro November 10, 2008 at 9:39 am

Lovely Kebabs, Must have tasted great…Nice pictures.
    I love to see a kids face filled with happiness… and I too hope this festive season brings a change in the financial markets and the economy.

• Reply Kitchen Flavours November 10, 2008 at 9:40 am

Wow looks like comfort food. Perfect for the weather of Bangalore.

• Reply Cham November 10, 2008 at 9:40 am

Very pretty, I make it in cutlet but the kebab ball are more catchy! Yes, the holiday season is just gearing up here!

• Reply Arfi Binsted November 11, 2008 at 4:59 am

i’m allergic to tuna, especially those which are canned. i am not sure why. but this looks really tempting. oh i wish i were not allergic…

• Reply raaji November 11, 2008 at 4:59 am

very adorable……love the pic….i make fry with fish but sounds sooooooo tasty

• Reply Divya Vikram November 11, 2008 at 4:59 am

Lovely appetizers..

• Reply shriya November 11, 2008 at 4:59 am

WOW WOW Amazing Pictures really. Lovely lovely pics. I never tried tuna, eveytime I go to Grocery I wanna pick one but donno what to make with that one. Now I got the perfect recipe . I am gonna make it for party this weekend. wohooo..
    Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Priya November 11, 2008 at 4:59 am

Kebab balls looks great…am ready to have them rite now..shall i grab one from the pic..really they looks awesome..

• Reply Somaq November 11, 2008 at 4:59 am

Love the balls & that u added mint!! i always make them flat, but this shows so much better its easier to pop one in your mouth. perfect appetizer.

• Reply Sangeeth November 11, 2008 at 4:59 am

yum! this is wat my hubby said….and he is gonna try this for this weekend, another promise…lets c…anyways good that ur recipe insoired him…less work for me 🙂

• Reply Jo November 11, 2008 at 2:43 pm

Looks delicious and lovely photos. By the way I has passed you an award – please check it out at my blog!

• Reply Yasmeen November 11, 2008 at 2:43 pm

Spicy Tuna kebabs with juicy veggies look like an awesome party appetizer:)
    Delicious Clicks!

• Reply Sia November 11, 2008 at 2:43 pm

ur pics are glorious… makes hardcore veggie like me to drool at her screen 😉

• Reply Cakebrain November 11, 2008 at 2:43 pm

Mmmm! I love this dish! It’s got all my favourite ingredients! and in stick form too!

• Reply Andhra Flavors November 12, 2008 at 8:11 am

Must have tasted great..looks wonderfull

• Reply Ivy November 18, 2008 at 12:48 am

You have a very lovely blog and lovely pictures. I am going to try your recipe as it sounds delicious and thanks for sharing it with the WFD Event “Time to be Thankful”.