Be a pineapple, stand tall, wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside
I have been longing to make a pineapple cake using fresh fruit, something different from regular upside down cake. This beautifully moist cake is result of my experimentation and the outcome was absolutely pleasing….
- 80g unsalted Butter plus 1 tbsp
- 1 cup Self Raising flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp pineapple essence
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a pan and saute the finely chopped pineapple for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set it aside along with the liquid.
- Beat 80g of butter with sugar and add eggs. Mix well until light and pale in colour.
- Add flour, almond meal,essence and sautéed pineapple with the liquid to the batter and mix well until well incorporated. Bake in a preheated oven of 175″c for at least 30 minutes or more till done. remove and let it cool down.
Check my Free EBOOK for exciting and interesting ideas to decorate cupcakes with loads and loads pictures and tutorials.