Be a pineapple, stand tall, wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside
I have been longing to make a pineapple cake using fresh fruit, something different from regular upside down cake. This beautifully moist cake is result of my experimentation and the outcome was absolutely pleasing….
- 80g unsalted Butter plus 1 tbsp
- 1 cup Self Raising flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp pineapple essence
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a pan and saute the finely chopped pineapple for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set it aside along with the liquid.
- Beat 80g of butter with sugar and add eggs. Mix well until light and pale in colour.
- Add flour, almond meal,essence and sautéed pineapple with the liquid to the batter and mix well until well incorporated. Bake in a preheated oven of 175"c for at least 30 minutes or more till done. remove and let it cool down.
1/2 cup of shifted pure icing sugar
few drops of milk and pineapple essence.
Combine the ingredients and gently pour on the cake and sprinkle nuts.
PS - To convert 1 cup of plain flour into self raising flour, add 1½ tsp of baking powder and ¼ tsp salt.
Almond meal is simply ground almonds made from whole almonds, skin and all. It generally has a coarser grain and will give your baked goods a ‘nutty’ texture
Check my Free EBOOK for exciting and interesting ideas to decorate cupcakes with loads and loads pictures and tutorials.